Keeping wells producing everyday has always been challenging. Today, reducing well downtime may be more of a challenge than ever before. Just as the number of oil and gas wells in the US has risen to all time highs, the number of engineers and producing operations staff has been cut to record lows, in response to the 2014 price collapse.
With too few people to manage an increasing inventory of wells, company efforts to grow cash flow may be stymied as the backlog of unplanned, down production rises. Keeping every available well, producing every day is the ultimate, but likely unachievable, goal. The next best option is to minimize the time each well is not producing or is producing at a rate less than expected.
Knowing which wells are down, what actions need to be taken, today, to return those wells to producing, and who specifically is responsible for executing those actions, can be elusive for even the best well surveillance and intervention teams. Equipping those teams with a tool to create process visibility, encourage accountability and facilitate optimum allocation of existing resources – people, time and data – can increase annual cash flow by millions of dollars
3GiG’s “Return to Production” Management tool (RPM) was designed in collaboration with industry experts. RPM dashboards provide managers, team leaders and engineering and operations staff with information to prioritize daily work so that the time needed to return a well to production is minimized. Dashboards create continuous visibility to seethe total number of all wells needing attention, where each well is in the intervention process, and who is responsible, today, for which actions to return the well to production. RPM strengthens an organization’s response workflows by capturing and codifying best practices in a technology platform that is easily modified to incorporate process improvements, without the IT department. Not only does standardizing and optimizing human activity during the response process increase cash flow as wells spend more time producing, engineers and operations staff have more time a
available to perform value adding activities such as analysis, process improvement and innovation efforts.
VALUE & BENEFITS
- Focuses all team members on process activities that add the greatest value, today
- Enables management to optimize the allocation of human resources in real time
- Tracks progress of all distressed wells at every step in the intervention process while providing visibility and accountability into who is responsible for the well at every step of the response
- Strengthens organizational processes with customized workflows, effortlessly modified for process improvements
- Increases production by reducing the intervention time, optimizing resource allocation and incorporating improvements
- Provides an integrated setting for incorporating lessons learned into process improvements